Ayato Hyoudou is the main male protagonist of High School DxD: Artificiality. He is a artificial Human/Devil hybrid created by Ajuka Beelzebub, Shemhazai, and Kurenai Himejima in a attempt to revive Issei Hyoudou after his death at the hands of 666 (Trihexa), and is one of the Five Honests, which are five clones of Issei that displayed exceptional growth and power, with them being able to use Issei's four signature moves, Dragon Shot, Dress Break, Pailingual, and Nyuutron Beam Cannon.
He is a third-year high school student at Kuoh Academy in Class 3-D and a member of the Occult Research Club, and is the Queen of Shelia Gremory's peerage.
He is the current wielder of the Longinus Boosted Gear, which houses the spirit of the Welsh Dragon Ddraig, and the Holy-Demonic Brynhildr.
Ayato is a high school student of average height, about the size of his gene progenitor, Issei Hyoudou. He has unkempt brown hair jutting in all directions, and sharp, light green eyes. After spending 24 hours (close to a 3 months from his perspective), in the Gehenna Barrier with Galahad and Tannin in Volume 5, his hair becomes a bit longer and more unkempt and he is now a bit taller.
While he has worn various outfits throughout the series, Ayato's most commonly worn outfit is the Kuoh Academy boys' school uniform, which consists of a black blazer white accents over a white, long-sleeved dress shirt with black highlights with a black ribbon on the collar, matching black pants, and brown dress shoes. However, Ayato's uniform differs in the fact that his blazer has shorter sleeves.
Ayato's height is 172 cm (5 feet 9 inches) and body weight is 62 kg (137 lbs.).
Overall, Ayato is a laid-back and collected person, retaining his composure even in awkward and possibly dangerous and awkward situations. TBC.
After the Oppai Eater a Child of the Oppai Dragon Arc and during Shelia's coma thanks to Gladius, Ayato displayed a cold and ruthless personality, pushing away even his closest friends and not even smiling, as well as relying on Brynhildr's pure and ruthless strength more then Ddraig. During his time as a Stray Devil and working for Hades, Ayato showed the same ruthless personality, but to a much higher degree, even threatening Eri and Ryuuta that he'll kill them if they try to stop him.
Ayato was artificially created as a Human and Devil hybrid by Kurenai Himejima, Ajuka Beelzebub and Shemhazai by using the genes of Issei Hyoudou after his death at the hands of 666 (Trihexa) in a joined project between Devils, Fallen Angels, and other mythologies called, the 'Hyoudou Project'.
However, unlike other hybrids created by the Hyoudou Project, Ayato was created during a sub-project called the 'Red Children', which was said to be an alternate to the Hyoudou Project as instead of creating test-tub babies, there were seven artificial children fetuses created then were transferred to seven different beings.
Growing up, Ayato would grow at a exceptional along side his older siblings, Kazuto and Glacies Hyoudou, and 2 other clones of Issei and would become to be know as the Five Honests due to their ability to use Issei's signature moves, Dragon Shot, Dress Break, Pailingual, and Nyuutron Beam Cannon. Later on, Kazuto and Glacies would be given the Artificial Longinus Draco Rage (Kazuto), and Absoluto Dawn (Glacies), and Ayato given the Holy-Demonic sword Brynhildr.
Eventually, Ayato would be sent to the Maou Village, an small village close to Kuoh, alongside two other clones, Yuuna and Vesper Amakusa to hone his abilities, under the mentorship of Galahad, the man who inherited the spirit of the knight, Sir Galahad. One day during training, Ayato awakened his Sacred Gear, the Longinus, Boosted Gear, but suffered an mental breakdown, which caused, Ddraig's and Brynhildr's powers to go out of control, and cause several different tragedies and calamities, leaving Ayato scared both mentally and physically.
The New Red Dragon Emperor Arc Edit
Orthodox Infiltration Arc Edit
Hellsalem Arc Edit
Evie x Etoulde Meeting Arc Edit
The Oppai Eater a Child of the Oppai Dragon Arc Edit
Sekiryuutei Traitor Arc Edit
Oppai Eater and the Revelation's Commandments Arc Edit
The Artificial Red Dragon Oppai Eater X The Female White Dragon: The Heavenly Dragon(s) Arc Edit
Powers & Abilities Edit
Immense Demonic Power: Ayato possesses all the powers and abilities common to Devils, including the power to cast spells. Ayato's possesses immense demonic power, even for a hybrid child of Issei Hyoudou with it being increased thanks to his Queen Piece. His demonic power is proven as he is able to use three of Issei's signature moves, and even create three new moves called Orgasim Itonia, and Dress Teleport.
- Dragon Shot (ドラゴンショット, Doragon Shotto): One of Issei Hyoudou's signature moves. Ayato fires a beam of energy by concentrating his magical powers. This move is usually used in tandem with the Boosted Gear to increase its destructive powers.'
Master Swordsman: Ayato is an immensely skilled sword fighter, with him having the title of "The Hyoudou Sword Prodigy", during his time at the Hyoudou Project. Even when he was young, Ayato was a genius at swordplay, and could even give experienced swordsmen like Yuuto Kiba and Xenovia Quarta hard times. He easily erased Airi's Fafnir Magic and Bodhidharma's barriers when the three engaged in battle, and he fought Seren, the person who currently wields True Longinus to a stand-still. In Volume 9 he showed enough skill to perform Souji Okita's Tennen Rishin-Ryu techniques. In Volume 11, after his training with Galahad, Ayato's ability has improved to the point of outclassing Ex Gremory.
Queen Piece: As a Queen, Ayato possesses the traits of a Knight, a Rook and a Bishop with them all being increased due to his piece being an Mutation Piece.
- Magic Talent: Due to the Bishop trait of his Queen piece, Ayato possesses immense magic talent though it is not used often.
- Enhanced Strength and Defense: Due to the Rook trait of his Queen piece, Ayato possesses enhanced strength and defense. He can use this strength to lift heavy objects with ease and use them as projectiles and slice through hard materials such as metal and stone with ease. With his defense, he can survive Lernaean Venom and being stabbed in his arm. Ayato's strength and defense can be increased with Boosted Gear or Brynhildr's armor
- Enhanced Speed: Due to the Knight trait of his Queen piece, Ayato possesses superhuman speed. Having trained and developed his speed as the core of his technique-type fighting style, it has reached a level that people has dubbed God-Speed. Ayato's strength and defense can be increased with Boosted Gear.
Master Hand-to-hand Combatant.
Dragonification: After sacrificing his left arm, and having it transformed into that of a dragon's in Volume 5, Ayato's left arm was immune to damage taken from touching Holy objects. In Volume 14, due to his new body being made from the Great Red's flesh Ayato can now freely turn any part of his body into that of a Dragon, by concentrating his thoughts on the specified body part. However, after him sircumming to his uncontrolled "true" Dragonification in Volume 17, Ayato lost this ability to exchange for the ability to transform into a actual Dragon.
- Dragon Form: After sircumming to his uncontrolled "true" Dragonification in Volume 17, Ayato gained the ability to transform into a giant dragon with brown hair and red scales that Albion has stated, "resembles Ddraig's original form". In this form Ayato can fly using his dragon wings (obviously), and can use Ddraig's flames and Blazing Inferno of Scorching Flames, and Seiryuu's lightning.
- Blazing Inferno of Scorching Flames: One of Ddraig's original ability. Ayato releases a powerful breath of fire which can incinerate anything, flames that never go out once ignited as they continue to burn even after being reduced to ashes and can probably burn the soul until nothing remains. The only existences known to be immune to these flames are Albion, Wagyl, Ophis, and Great Red. Its area of effect can cover an entire island.
Flight: Ayato can fly using his Devil or Dragon wings. In his dragon form, Ayato can fly using his wings.
Pleasure Level: Edit
'Pleasure Level ('おっぱいの神々の狙い, Purejā reberu), also known as the Aim of the Oppai Gods, TBA.
Orgasm Itonia Edit
'Orgasm Itonia' (欲望の呪われた歌, ōgazumu Itonia), also known as the Cursed Song of Lust, is the first of Ayato's signature moves which he uses against females. To use this Ayato must come into physical contact with a opponent. After any form contact a pink magic circle appears on their back, and after a few seconds the opponent feels immense pleasure that drives them into a frenzy, and can only go out of the frenzy when either, Ayato removes the magic circle or if the opponent sircums to the pleasure and "release" (i'm sorry).
Dress Breaker Edit
'Dress Breaker ('高度洋服崩壊, Doresu Burēka), also known as the Advanced Clothes Collapse, is the second of Issei Hyoudou Gremory's signature moves which both he and Ayato uses mainly against females. This move allows the user to "strip" women by first coming in contact with them, concentrating their demonic power, then snapping their fingers to activate one of two effects.
- Dress Eater' ('布を魔法食べる, Doresu ītā), also known as the Eating of the Magic Cloth, is a variant of Dress Breaker created by Ayato. After coming in contact with a women, Ayato is able to gradually absorb their magical power overtime, while also causing their breasts to shrink overtime as well.
- Dress Teleport (ドレステレポート, Doresu Terepōto): A variant of Dress Breaker created by Ayato. Ayato states that its the opposite of Dress Breaker, were instead of "stripping" women it instead removes them from the clothes.
- Bodily Dress: This move is used to "strip" women by destroying their clothes and/or armor.
- Astral Dress: This move is used to "strip" women by destroying the effects of spells or abilities that have been used against them.
- Pai-Phone: A variant of Issei Hyoudou's third signature move, Pailingual. Using women's breasts Ayato is able to communicate through breasts to other women's breasts.
Boosted Gear Edit
Boosted Gear (赤龍帝の籠手, Būsuteddo Gia), also known as the Red Dragon Emperor's Gauntlet, is Ayato's Sacred Gear and primary weapon. As one of the 13 Longinus It is said to have the power to kill a God when fully mastered. It holds the spirit of the Welsh Dragon, the Red Dragon Emperor, Ddraig, one of the Heavenly Dragons. The Boosted Gear takes the form of a red gauntlet on the wielder's left hand that has the ability to Boost the user's power every 10 seconds without limit, a sub-ability Transfer, that can transfer the multiplied power to a being or object, it can even be focused on certain parts of the user's body such as the eyes for enhanced vision, and the ability Penetrate, to bypass any defensive abilities that would otherwise prevent his attacks from landing, however, it does not negate the deactivation of Balance Breaker. Penetrate's effects can also be channeled through any part of the body, such as the eyes, making it capable of seeing through anything, even women's clothing.
Incursio Scale Mail Edit
Incursio Scale Mail (赤龍帝の銀侵略鎧, Inkurushio Sukeiru Meiru, lit. "Silver Armor of the Red Dragon Emperor"): Ayato's sub-species Balance Breaker of Boosted Gear's initial Balance Breaker. It creates a Silver Dragon Armor around Ayato and increases his strength, speed and defense. Also from this point, Ayato can Boost without the 10-second limit.
Juggernaut Drive Edit
Juggernaut Drive (覇龍, Jagānōto Doraivu), also known as the Dragon of Supremacy, is a form exclusive to the Longinus, Boosted Gear and Divine Dividing. Due to surpressed hate and anger for being dragged around by those around him, plus the fact he had lost Eri, Ayato accidently activated Juggernaut Drive during the New Khaos Brigade's Old Maou and Villainous factions' attack on Lucifaad. However, due to Issei intervention, he reached only the incomplete state of it, without losing any fraction of his lifespan. Due to his past, the chant is a lot more ominous and violent than the original, as it goes:
[I, WHO IS ABOUT TO AWAKEN...]
[AM THE HEAVENLY DRAGON WHO ENVELOPED THE PRINCIPAL OF DOMINATION GIVEN BY GOD.]
[I'LL EAT THE DREAM, AND RIP THE INFINITE TO NAUGHT.]
[I SHALL BECOME THE RED DRAGON OF DOMINATION...]
[AND I SHALL DROWN IN THE SORROWED LAKES AND PITS OF CRIMSON PURGATORY!]
Boosted Gear: Scale Mail Edit
Boosted Gear: Scale Mail (赤龍帝の鎧, Būsuteddo Gia: Sukeiru Meiru), also known as the Armor of the Red Dragon Emperor, is the original Balance Breaker of Boosted Gear.
Welsh Berolina Sonic Red Slipstream Edit
Welsh Berolina Sonic Red Slipstream (赤龍帝の真紅星, Werushu Berorīna Sonikku Reddo Surippusutorīmu), also known as the Crimson Star of the Red Dragon Emperor, is an enhanced form of the Incursio Scale Mail based off Issei Hyoudou Gremory's Illegal Move Triaina. The armor changes into various forms based on the Evil Pieces' traits (Pawn, Knight, Bishop, Rook). After Volume 7, Ayato now has access to two new forms based off a combination of the pieces.
- Berolina Dragonic Rook (赤新星龍鎧, Berorīna Doragonikku Rūku), is the Rook Form of Welsh Berolina Sonic Red Slipstream. In this form, the armor morphs into an bulky armor, resembling the Welsh Dragonic Rook of the Illegal Move Triaina. Like Issei in Welsh Dragonic Rook, Ayato possesses a massive amount of power and defense but has a low body maneuvering speed because of the massive, thickened armor.
- Napalm Hammer (ナパーム・ハンマー, Napāmu hanmā), is the Ayato's finishing move for Berolina Dragonic Rook. A thruster forms at the elbow of one of the arms, with Ayato being able to launch the arm like an rocket for long ranged attacks. The rocket also leaves an fiery trail behind as it launches through the air.
- Berolina Sebastian Pawn (赤新星龍八子供, Berorīna Sebasuchan pōn), is the Pawn Form of Welsh Berolina Sonic Red Slipstream. In this form, Ayato has the ability to split himself into eight different bodies, with each of the eight bodies being able to use the abilities of the other forms, though the abilities are significantly less powerful.
- Berolina Asura Knight (赤新星龍六刀騎士, Berorīna Asura Naito), is the Knight Form of Welsh Berolina Sonic Red Slipstream. Ayato's armor morphs into that of an asura, with an five ethereal swords forming in his arms, along side Brynhildr. Ayato also possesses Incredible Speed, in this form.
- Berolina Miasma Bishop (赤新星竜毒魔道士, Berorīna Miasuma Bishoppu), is the Bishop Form of Welsh Berolina Sonic Red Slipstream.
- Welsh Berolina Sylph Eater (真紅新星竜聖人妖精死神, Werushu Berorīna Shirufu Itā), is one of the new forms of Welsh Berolina Sonic Red Slipstream, with it being a combination of a Bishop and Pawn.
- Welsh Berolina Othniel (真紅新星竜硬い歩く要塞, Werushu Berorīna Osunieru), is the other new form of Welsh Berolina Sonic Red Slipstream, with it being a combination of a Knight's speed and Rook's power and defense.
Chevalier Caesar Andernach Drive Edit
Chevalier Caesar Andernach Drive (赤龍皇帝の戴冠式千冠, Shebarī Shīzā Andānahha Doraibu'), also known as the Thousand Coronation Crowns of the Red Dragon Emperor, is Ayato's version of the Caesar Drive. Based off both Issei's Cardinal Crimson Promotion, and the Diabolos Dragon God, like the latter, the armor becomes "bio-organic" changing the armor's shape, and the armor's color changes from silver to a mix of neon crimson, gun-metal and black. Unlike Diabolos Dragon, this form only possesses a one pair of wings, with both containing a cannon. This form also has access to the Longinus Smasher, the Dividing Wyvern Fairies, and the ability to summon Ddraig (though the Ddraig summoning is only used as a last resort, as it quickly drains Ayato's power). In order to enter this state, Ayato recites the following chant: (Chant yet to be added)
Brynhildr (ブリンヒルド, Burinhirudo):
Ascalon III Edit
Ascalon III (アスカロンIII, Asukaron III), the second successor to the Holy Sword Ascalon. After the events of the Orthodox Infiltration Arc, Ayato is given Ascalon III by Ex Gremory, as a thanks for assisting in the raid. Like Issei, Ayato is able to channel Ascalon's holy and dragon aura into his attacks and other swords. The sword possesses Dragon-Slayer abilities and blade extension as well as basic the holy aura of an holy sword.
Excalibur II Edit